Thursday 16 June 2011

Forgotten Illustrator Esme Eve

Recently I was lent a childrens' book Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes by a colleague, beautifully illustrated by Esme Eve and published by Blackie of Glasgow about 1958 I think? Absolutely stunning two colour illustrations throughout, and hundreds of them too, an astonishing amount of work each vignette is beautifully designed. Having never heard of her I did a little web digging Florence Olive Esme Eve studied at the RCA 1941 - 44 just after Bawden, Ravilious et al. I shall try and find out more! She illustrated quite a few children's books it seems.















2 comments:

Charlotte Maher said...

Definitely going to be searching for Esme Eve books from now on, I love her illustrations.

Anne Loflin said...

I think I have found a box of her stationery called Campus Daze from 1946. Looking for more information on her!